Essential OIls put to use. A Handy Dilution Chart.

I have been working with essential oils for about 5 years for myself and in making soap and other bath products (this part only about 2 1/2 yrs) and I help out others using them as well.   Plus I have taken the French Aromatherapy course at aromaticstudies.com and am only one paper shy of certification (I will get round to that but I want to work on my business right at this time and they are not encouraging me to be finished with it right away - rather have advised I take my time due to my somewhat unusual circumstances.....well and due to the fact that I do not plan to practice as an aromatherapist - ya know with an office seeing clients that is.  Rather what I do is produce bath products that incorporate essential oils.)   While I could use more hands-on practice when it comes to the healing aspect of aromatherapy - basically it would be good for me to intern for someone, I have most the info down fairly well plus I have been very active in working with them hands on, just not in healing but rather in manufacturing bath products, lotions, cosmetics...

So the study of aromatherapy is actually pretty serious stuff including lots of medical, biological, anatomical and chemical terminology and concepts but there are some relatively easy to follow steps for the at home practitioner of aromatherapy in my opinion (I have had heated debates with aromatherapists about the sensibility of making this info widely available - suffice to say they completely disagree that folks are able to handle it and I get their reasoning.  It IS a difficult topic.  In my opinion Americans while they CAN be dumb are for the most part in actuality quite bright!!  Apparently not everyone agrees with me!  LOL).  Anyway, I thought I'd attempt to relate them as simply as possible so that folks who are confused know the very basics at least (and do not be embarrassed to be confused.  I spent over a year in total confusion about this subject due to all the contradictory info I found on the exact same very specific topics!  It was a pull out your hair kind of frustrating!!)

Ok so I present you with an unbelievably handy chart - a must-have until you memorize the numbers (see below).  To help along mild issues, a mild headache, a small sprain, minor muscle spasms, not emergency-level neasea, etc you use EOs at a dillution of about 2% for healing and about 5% for pain (depending on the oil and here is where the professional aromatherapists are correct - there is lots of info on each and every oil and the rules differ for each and so how are we all to remember all that.  Well we're not!  And folks can - and here's my point: they already DO look this stuff up and go based on what they find - more often than not from incorrect information.  I saw a Doctor go on and on the other day giving mostly good but some outright bad advise who clearly had not taken a course on aromatherapy argh!  It's not THAT much time to take a course for goodness sake.  He had spent tons of money to do this big production but had faulty info. Ok I have belabored that point so done with it!  LOL)

You do not always increase the percentage of essential oil used due to severity of complaint but rather using them on a regular schedule - follow through - can be much more effective at helping rid yourself of whatever is the problem but I will go problem by problem and oil by oil because it really is that different for each essential oil.  But here's your chart:




Looking for a Fantastic Gift?  Come see my Handmade Soap

The information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Oil Usage: Lemon

Some Blends - Natural Cleanser

Essential Oil Usage: Peppermint